Search engine optimization is the basic requirement for websites and weblogs. Especially when there are scores of websites, e-commerce sites, weblogs, portfolio sites coming up every day. To make your website shine in the SERPs you have to be very particular about making your weblog search friendly through various means. WordPress offers various SEO plugins to introduce an easy way round for optimizing the websites to make them search engine friendly.
- SEO Slugs: SEO Slugs generates search friendly slugs for the post titles. The SEO Slugs WordPress plugin removes common words like ‘a’, ‘the’, ‘in’ from post slugs to improve search engine optimization. You can however override the slug generated by the plugin and replace it with the manual slug or leave it to the WordPress custom permalink structure.
- SEO Friendly Images: SEO Friendly Images is a WordPress SEO plugin which automatically updates all images with proper ALT and TITLE attributes for SEO purposes. If your images do not have ALT and TITLE already set, SEO Friendly Images will add them according the options you set. The plugin is designed to draw the blog traffic even from Google Image search, so that when a user searches for a certain image, the alt tag defined by the plugin becomes a key factor for determining a match.
- SEO friendly And HTML Valid Subheadings: HTML heading tags play an important role in boosting the SEO. The keywords within the headlines tags especially h1, h2 and h3 rank well in search engines. The WordPress plugin SEO friendly and HTML Valid Subheadings ensures proper headline structure. To optimize your theme for search engines, the plugin turns any H2 into H3, H3 into H4, H4 into H5, H5 into H6 and H6 into P on certain pages.
- All In One SEO Pack: All In One SEO Pack automatically optimizes your WordPress blog for search engines. The key highlights of this plugin are that it makes your website search friendly by optimizing the post titles and generating the meta-tags; which help in ranking your weblog better. It is the best SEO plugin for both the beginners as well as the advanced users. It works out-of-the-box as soon as you install the plugin and thus relieves the beginner of any hassles on the part of making their website search friendly and it provides the flexibility of configuring the plugin settings to the advanced users to implement SEO wisely.
- SEO Smart Links: SEO Smart Links is authored by SEO expert Vladimir Prevloc, to ease the process of link building for the weblogs. The plugin automatically links the keywords and phrases in your post to the corresponding posts, pages, categories and tags on your blog. The plugin is offered as a free and premium service both. While the free version available at WordPress plugin repository is a perfect solution for interlinking the blog-content, you can consider to opt for the premium version for gaining the benefits of enterprise level stats and advanced configurations. Read more about SEO Smart Links premium version here.
- Platinum SEO: Platinum SEO Plugin offers complete onsite SEO solution for your WordPress blog. In addition to the features offered by the All In One SEO Pack, Platinum SEO takes a leap ahead by providing the features like automatic redirection when permalink changes (to avoid broken links for your weblog), support for custom taxonomies, etc. Its feature of automatic redirection helps you in changing the perma-link of the older post for resurrecting on-page SEO, without the fear of loosing the Page rank or worrying about the Google penalty.
- Headspace 2 SEO: HeadSpace2 is an all-in-one meta-data manager that allows you to fine-tune the SEO potential of your site. It allows you to configure the meta-data of the posts, pages, categories, home page, author pages, search pages and even for 404 pages. This powerful SEO plugin enables you to customize theme and plugin to load on a specific page, allows you to add Google services, helps you configure memory limits, error reporting & system timeouts and provides an import function for other SEO plugins.
- SEO Ultimate: SEO Ultimate is an all-in-one SEO plugin which gives you control over title tags, noindex, meta tags, slugs, canonical, autolinks, 404 errors, rich snippets, and more. The plugin acts as the title tag rewriter, meta description editor, meta keyword editor, 404 monitor, file editor for editing .htaccess and robots.txt and slug optimizer, all at the same time. The plugin comes in handy for advanced users to tweak the SEO and make the weblog search friendly by configuring the settings and editing the necessary files.
- SEO Title Tag: SEO Title Tag makes is simple and easy to optimize the title tags across your WordPress-powered blog or website. Title tags are arguably the most important of the on-page factors for search engine optimization (“SEO”). However, WordPress uses the post titles as the title tags which result in defeating the entire purpose of the post titles and the title tags. Post titles should be enticing, whereas the title tags are used for making the post search friendly and the two things can never cross the river in same boat. Thus, with the intent of differentiating the post titles from the title tags, the plugin is designed to offer the feasibility of providing the title tag to any page, post or any title tag on your website.
- WordPress SEO By Yoast: Yoast’s all in one SEO solution for your WordPress blog resurrects the SEO and makes the titles, meta descriptions, XML sitemaps, breadcrumbs, etc search friendly. The plugin is designed to meet the requirements of the WordPress developers interested in looking at every nook and corner of the website to improve the SEO. The plugin provides the flexibility of configuring the robot meta data along with headers and footers of your website.
- SEO Search Terms Tagging 2: SEO Search Terms Tagging 2 plugin comes in handy for identifying the search terms used by people who land on your website / weblog. The plugin displays these search terms as post tags and links these post tags to the specific posts automatically in the sidebar widget. Since the plugin takes up the responsibility of automatically generates the tags and links them to the posts, it is highly efficient way of increase your site’s SERP (by strengthening on page SEO of your blog).
- Fuzzy SEO Booster: Fuzzy SEO Booster increases your sites search engine positions for long tail keywords automatically. When someone finds your site using a long tail keyword combination not already on that page, it records it, and adds it to the page in a widget box. Think of it as an auto generated tag cloud for your blog, where every tag helps in improving search engine positions.
Choose the one which best suits your needs.